Friday, March 27, 2015

Introduction

Hello my name is Brandi! I am a Okie through and through. I talk extremely funny, my accent is beyond south :) I am married to my best friend and worse enemy, not really but we do love to argue. I have the most handsome son ever.  He is my light, life and reason for breath some days.  I believe in God.  He is one true healer of all, the provider, he is good all the time.  

I am starting this blog for many reasons.  I sometimes have a lot to say and there is not enough room in "status" box on Facebook.  Another is that I decided to take a journey on changing my life.  I have decided to change my life in a healthy way, now lets get something straight I have not decided to give up chocolate, Nutella (DEVIL) and the list goes on.  I want to share this journey with anyone who has ever given up on themselves.  

  


I started this journey in December of 2014.  I took a leap of faith, got a trainer (I love you Cassie) and gym membership.  I started out weighting 259 pounds, probably the heaviest weight I had ever been but at the HAPPIEST point in life.  You ask yourself, how can that be? For me, it was life, my life happenings just had lead to a great place.  My husband was attending church for a year <-- totally another blog sometime.  My job was going great.  My son was great but he always is unless he decides to speak, kidding :) I have the bestest friends a girl could ask for.  LIFE HAPPEN to be perfect at that point.

After almost 4 months of a lot of SWEAT, pain, soreness and a lot of tears. I found myself even more - I am capable of things I didn't even know were possible.  I didn't know I could squat or even a sit up.  At first they were like 5 (laughing so loud now) now they are 20.  I still leave the gym and think who was that girl in there, till I get home and can't move. I wake the next day and go again and try harder.  I will NOT give up on me ever again.  

As of today 3/26/2015, I weight 242, lost 4 pants sizes, can wear an extra large shirt.  That has not happen since like the early 80's, not really but a long time.  Oh and yes I did just tell you my weight but it is a NUMBER not something the define me.  




The point of me saying all of this is don't ever give up on YOU.  I haven't given up on me in 4 months.  I have had down days, I am sure I will have more.  Life is not full of rainbows!



However, I do think it may not be all happy, all the time but tomorrow is a new day. I have based my journey from that.  If I fail today, I have to push harder tomorrow.   

My goal is to lose 43 more pounds, if you don't like math that is to get below the 200 mark.  I don't have a set amount of time HOWEVER my 40th birthday is in one year so it would be nice to have it done by then.  I will continue to work out everyday till I hit that goal and then after that.  The gym has become part of my life not food anymore.  Food does not equal happiness.  

I really hope yall will enjoy my blog as much as I think I will enjoy writing it.  

God bless and lots of love

PS - I am the master of messing up grammar, leaving out words and using the wrong one in the wrong place.  My friends call that Brandinese! Welcome to my language lol 



No comments:

Post a Comment